Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by snowch <sn...@coralms.com> on 2009/04/28 16:42:39 UTC

Running SQL against legacy database.

I have a legacy database that until now I have been just using read-only.  I
now have a need to update some fields.  What are my options?

I have been using entities with 'no-auto-stamp="true"' mentioned, but I am
not sure what it does.  Can anyone on this forum explain?

Alternatively, can I run SQL statements directly from my services to perform
these small db updates?

Many thanks in advance,

Chris

Re: Running SQL against legacy database.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
auto-stamp is mostly (if not only) used for synchronization between DBs.

Jacques

From: "snowch" <sn...@coralms.com>

Posted by snowch <sn...@coralms.com>.
Hi Adrian,