Posted to dev@bookkeeper.apache.org by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com> on 2017/08/01 06:40:36 UTC

code freeze for 4.5.0

We've tried to clean up most of the issues marked for 4.5.0. I'd like to
call a code freeze for 4.5.0. So no more issues/jiras should be marked in
4.5.0, unless it is really needed (e.g. bug fixes).

Any new features should be marked as 4.6.0. I will work with JV to prepare
the 4.5 branch for release.

If I miss anything critical that needs to be in 4.5.0, please point them
out.

Thanks,

Sijie

Re: code freeze for 4.5.0

Posted by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com>.
All the issues on jira are resolved for 4.5.0.

There are 10 issues on Github still open:
https://github.com/apache/bookkeeper/milestone/1
Most of them are documentation or release related tasks. There are
documentation need for highlighted features for 4.5.0 release, if you are
the feature contributor and have time, it would be great that you can help
write the documentation.

The hightlighted features in 4.5.0 are

public api

   - LedgerHandleAdv
   - Explicit LAC
   - Long Poll

performance

   - delay ensemble change
   - parallel ledger recovery
   - multiple journals
   - netty 4 upgrade

extensions/operations

   - LongHierarchicalLedgerManager
   - weight-based placement policy

security

   - encryption and authentication using TLS
   - SASL authentication
   - zookeeper authentication

- Sijie

Re: code freeze for 4.5.0

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.

> On Mon, Jul 31, 2017 at 11:53 PM, Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Thank you  Sijie
> > from my point of view the HttpServer is ready to go, will we include it
> in
> > 4.5 in your opinion ?
> >

> It is an isolated feature and off by default. I think it can go in 4.5 but
> we probably don't announce it in 4.5, but anyone who want to try out can
> enable it.

OK
thank you
-- Enrico