Posted to dev@syncope.apache.org by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org> on 2014/03/05 17:05:53 UTC

Two minor issues

Hi all,

Two minor things I've noticed with the latest release that are possibly
bugs.

a) The 1.1.6 standalone Tomcat distribution does not preserve execution
permissions on the scripts in /bin. Possibly it never did + I didn't notice
it before ;-) In any case I had to chmod +x the .sh files to get it to run.

b) There is no facility in the schema section of the console to delete all
attributes. Is this an oversight? It's possibly to delete all users,
connectors, roles, tasks, resources, etc.

Colm.

--
Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder
http://coders.talend.com

Re: Two minor issues

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
> Hi all,

Hi Colm,

> Two minor things I've noticed with the latest release that are possibly
> bugs.
>
> a) The 1.1.6 standalone Tomcat distribution does not preserve execution
> permissions on the scripts in /bin. Possibly it never did + I didn't notice
> it before ;-) In any case I had to chmod +x the .sh files to get it to run.

Unfortunately, this is a known problem of the ZIP archive [1].

> b) There is no facility in the schema section of the console to delete all
> attributes. Is this an oversight? It's possibly to delete all users,
> connectors, roles, tasks, resources, etc.

I guess this is due to the fact that deleting an attribute schema would
imply deleting all attributes of all entities (users, roles or
memberships) for that schema: Fabio, could you confirm this?

Regards.

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SYNCOPE/Run+Syncope+standalone+distribution#RunSyncopestandalonedistribution-Running

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
http://www.tirasa.net/

member, Syncope PMC chair, Cocoon PMC, Olingo PPMC
http://people.apache.org/~ilgrosso/