Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by De...@McKGenMed.com on 2003/01/16 21:48:34 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache 1.3.26

I am running apache 1.3.26 on a Solaris 2.8 box.  The server has 8G mem
and 8 CPUs.  Along with Apache, I am running ColdFusion and Hotquery which
allows users to query the Oracle DB which also resides on the same server.

With as few as 4 users my CPU idle time falls below 10% and my load average
is up.

Any tuning suggestions?

Re: [users@httpd] Apache 1.3.26

Posted by Jacob Coby <jc...@listingbook.com>.
> I am running apache 1.3.26 on a Solaris 2.8 box.  The server has 8G mem
> and 8 CPUs.  Along with Apache, I am running ColdFusion and Hotquery which
> allows users to query the Oracle DB which also resides on the same server.
>
> With as few as 4 users my CPU idle time falls below 10% and my load
average
> is up.
>
> Any tuning suggestions?

Well, first, I'd find out where that 90% of the cpu usage is going.  Does
Solaris have the 'top' command?

-Jacob