Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Neulinger, Nathan" <nn...@umr.edu> on 2005/06/16 18:06:18 UTC

Any way to use mod_authz_svn to allow any, but still require auth?

We have a set of repositories with mod_authz_svn set up and working.

I can see the functionality of "*=r" or "*=rw" in the access file, but
this results in subversion allowing anonymous connections as a result of
that line.

Is there any way to configure the access file such that anyone is
allowed in for that op (r or rw), but still requires authentication?
i.e. authentication, but open authorization

I realize I can do this on a whole-repository level, but I don't want to
prevent other sections of the same repository from allowing anonymous
connections, or other repositories in this case since we're using parent
paths.

-- Nathan

Re: Any way to use mod_authz_svn to allow any, but still require auth?

Posted by Miha Vitorovic <mv...@nil.si>.
"Neulinger, Nathan" <nn...@umr.edu> wrote on 16.06.2005 20:06:18:

> We have a set of repositories with mod_authz_svn set up and working.
>
> I can see the functionality of "*=r" or "*=rw" in the access file, but
> this results in subversion allowing anonymous connections as a result of
> that line.
>
> Is there any way to configure the access file such that anyone is
> allowed in for that op (r or rw), but still requires authentication?
> i.e. authentication, but open authorization

AFAIK,

 require valid-user

tells Apache that a valid username/password pair is required for that
resource.

Cheers,
---
  Miha Vitorovic
  Inženir v tehničnem področju
  Customer Support Engineer

   NIL Data Communications,  Tivolska cesta 48,  1000 Ljubljana,  Slovenia
   Phone +386 1 4746 500      Fax +386 1 4746 501     http://www.NIL.si