Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Oliver Lloyd <ol...@hotmail.com> on 2012/01/30 12:13:17 UTC

Bash script | Automates using Amazon EC2 in NON Distributed Mode

I've written a simple bash script to automate running JMeter using 1-n EC2
instances that may be of use to some of you.

I often need to run fairly high volume tests and for this reason tend not to
use Distributed (master/slave) mode and prefer multiple independent hosts.
Trouble is, if you want to use ec2 and if you need more than a few instances
then this approach gets very dull very fast. So for this reason I wrote a
shell script to automate the repetitive bits.

It's not another 'JMeter on the Cloud' solution; it's just a shell script
and it's really only useful if you have similar requirements to me
(high-volume, externally-hosted applications). It's also not a replacement
for JMeter's  http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/remote-test.html
Distributed mode  which works just fine (including on ec2) for most people's
needs and which can be tuned using Batch mode.

Source: https://github.com/oliverlloyd/jmeter-ec2

Idiot level  http://www.http503.com/2012/jmeter-ec2/ instructions .

-----
http://www.http503.com/