Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by prasenjit mukherjee <pm...@quattrowireless.com> on 2010/03/06 04:13:49 UTC

how to get cluster-ips

Is there any way ( like hadoop-commandline or files ) to know ip
address of all the cluster nodes ( from master )

Re: how to get cluster-ips

Posted by prasenjit mukherjee <pr...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Ravi, it helped. BTW, only the first trick worked :

hadoop dfsadmin  -report | grep "Name:" | cut -d":" -f2

2nd one may not be applicable as I need to automate this ( hence need
a commandline utility )
3rd approach didnt work, as the commands are getting ecxecuted only on
the local slave-node and not on all the slaves.

-Prasen

Re: how to get cluster-ips

Posted by Ravi Phulari <rp...@yahoo-inc.com>.
There are several ways to get slave ip address. ( Not sure if you can use all of these on Ec2 )

 1.  hadoop dfsadmin  -report shows you list of nodes and there status
 2.  Name node slaves page displays information about live nodes.
 3.  You can execute commands on slaves nodes using bin/slaves.sh - bin/slaves.sh /sbin/ifconfig | grep "inet addr"

-

Re: how to get cluster-ips

Posted by prasenjit mukherjee <pr...@gmail.com>.

Re: how to get cluster-ips