Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Perry Tew <pe...@yahoo.com> on 2001/11/27 14:49:53 UTC

[C2rc2] http://server/cocoon works, but not http://server/reports? it did with rc1a!

Hello all,
   I'm having an issue with rc2.  When I upgraded to it, I started
receiving the following error when viewing the welcome page which
previously worked fine with rc1a:

The error occurs when I try the following url:
http://localhost:8080/reports/welcome
If I try
http://localhost:8080/cocoon/welcome
everything works well.

I'm using Apache 1.3.20 with the mod_webapp connector to Tomcat 4.0
Here's my mod_webapp config in httpd.conf
<IfModule mod_webapp.c>
        WebAppInfo /webapp-info
        WebAppConnection conn warp xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:9001
        WebAppDeploy examples conn /examples
        WebAppDeploy cocoon conn /reports
        WebAppDeploy cocoon conn /cocoon
</IfModule>

The 'reports' mapping worked with rc1a.  Anyone know what changed?
Thanks in advance,
Perry Tew

==begin error message===
type internal-server-error

message Error in sitemap configuration :
org.apache.cocoon.selection.CodedSelectorFactory

description
org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException:
Error in sitemap configuration :
org.apache.cocoon.selection.CodedSelectorFactory

source Cocoon servlet

path-info
welcome

original exception

Original exception : java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.cocoon.selection.CodedSelectorFactory
	at org.apache.cocoon.util.ClassUtils.loadClass(ClassUtils.java:46)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.AbstractSitemap.load_component(AbstractSitemap.java:218)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap$Configurer.configSelectors(sitemap_xmap.java:1394)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap.configure(sitemap_xmap.java:437)
	at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.DefaultComponentFactory.newInstance(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ThreadSafeComponentHandler.initialize(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.GeneratorSelector.addGenerator(GeneratorSelector.java:135)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.addCompiledComponent(ProgramGeneratorImpl.java:345)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.generateResource(ProgramGeneratorImpl.java:323)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.createResource(ProgramGeneratorImpl.java:271)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.load(ProgramGeneratorImpl.java:188)
	at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Handler.run(Handler.java:208)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

stacktrace

org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap.configure(sitemap_xmap.java:454)
[...]

exception

org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException:
Error in sitemap configuration :
org.apache.cocoon.selection.CodedSelectorFactory

request-uri

/reports/welcome

==end error message===

http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1