Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Stefano Lenzi <ki...@interfree.it> on 2008/02/13 17:10:12 UTC

Creating a javax.xml bundle (FELIX-488)

Hi All,

I would like to create a bundle which contains only the javax.xml APIs
as we did for javax.servelet. In fact, at the moment, you can't install
the org.osgi.compendium bundle on a JDK 1.3 because javax.xml APIs are
missing. The creation of a javax.xml bundle which will mostly used by
JDK1.3 people will fill the gap.

As reported on JIRA, I know that under commons we have xml-apis which
exports the javax.xml APIs but it also implements the APIs thus it ends
up to be huge in size for embedded system point of view which are,
probably, the nowadays device running JDK 1.3.

WDYT?

Ciao,
Stefano "Kismet" Lenzi

Re: Creating a javax.xml bundle (FELIX-488)

Posted by Stefano Lenzi <ki...@interfree.it>.
Richard S. Hall wrote:
> Stefano Lenzi wrote:
>> Richard S. Hall wrote:
>>> I think this is not an unreasonable approach...
>>>
>>> -> richard
>>
>> Which approach were you refering to? OSGi Alliance, Our or Mine?
>
> I was agreeing with Felix...mainly because it is simpler on our end. :-)
>
> -> richard

I have made the patch and it's available on JIRA. If you agree I will
commit the patch.

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.

Posted by Stefano Lenzi <ki...@interfree.it>.

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.