Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Rushabh Doshi <rd...@asite.com> on 2007/05/22 16:57:40 UTC

KeepAlive Issue

Hi Sebb,

We are using JMeter 2.2 version, we have Apache web server, consider the
following scenario...

We are executing test plan for 1 user; in our Test Plan there are 17
HTTPS requests and KeepAlive checked box ON. When we executed the test
plan, we observed that on Apache web server number of sockets reaches to
17 connections even though KEEP ALIVE checked box ON. When keep alive is
on it should use same socket or connection.

KeepAlive is On in Apache Web server and timeout for keepalive is 300
secs.

Can you please let me know the reason?

Thanks & Regards,

Rushabh Doshi

Asite Solutions Pvt. Ltd.

Delivering Data Logistics

http:// <http://www.asite.com/> www.asite.com <http://www.asite.com/>

E          rdoshi@asite.com
M          +91 (0)9427026084

Re: KeepAlive Issue

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
OK, thanks for letting us know.

RE: KeepAlive Issue

Re: KeepAlive Issue

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
The problem is that the default Java HTTP implementation gives no
control over connection re-use (for either HTTP or HTTPS).

The HttpClient implementation does allow re-use, which is on reason
why JMeter now offers this as an alternative.

Unfortunately there are some problems with the way JMeter implemented
HTTPS using HttpClient in 2.2. These have been fixed, but JMeter has
yet to be rereleased - the code is only available as a nightly build.

I suggest trying the HttpClient Sampler in 2.2 - it may well work for you.

S.
On 23/05/07, lists@dankeeley.co.uk <li...@dankeeley.co.uk> wrote:
> I've noticed this before, the connections dont seem to get re-used, but do
> get kept alive.  However my issue boiled down to https - Older jvm's dont
> correctly support keepalives over https...
>
> > Hi Sebb,
> >

> > We are using JMeter 2.2 version, we have Apache web server, consider the
> > following scenario...
> >

> > We are executing test plan for 1 user; in our Test Plan there are 17
> > HTTPS requests and KeepAlive checked box ON. When we executed the test
> > plan, we observed that on Apache web server number of sockets reaches to
> > 17 connections even though KEEP ALIVE checked box ON. When keep alive is
> > on it should use same socket or connection.
> >

> > KeepAlive is On in Apache Web server and timeout for keepalive is 300
> > secs.
> >

> > Can you please let me know the reason?
> >

> > Thanks & Regards,
> >
> > Rushabh Doshi