Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Kevin Regan <ga...@hotmail.com> on 2001/06/13 01:27:39 UTC

Using RequestDispatcher.forward() and changing browser URL

I'm using RequestDispatcher.forward() in one servlet to forward a request to
another servlet (or JSP page).  I would like the URL for the forwarded
servlet or JSP page to show up in the client's browser rather than the
original request URL.  Is this possible and how can it be accomplished?
I've tried "Location" and "Content-Location" without any luck...

Sincerely,
Kevin Regan
galabar@hotmail.com

RE: Using RequestDispatcher.forward() and changing browser URL

Posted by Filip Hanik <ma...@filip.net>.
you could do a RequestDispatcher.sendRedirect instead

Filip

~
Namaste - I bow to the divine in you
~