Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Amber LaRose <Ca...@hotmail.com> on 2019/08/15 20:41:15 UTC

FILE CORRUPTED

Please help me! One of my files got corrupted. How can I save it? What do I do to repair it?

Re: FILE CORRUPTED

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Thu, 15 Aug 2019 20:41:15 +0000
Amber LaRose <Ca...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Please help me! One of my files got corrupted. How can I save it? What do I do to repair it?

You may be able to recover a previous version of the file - see https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=85038 for a Tutorial on How to find and un-delete AOO temporary files giving detailed instructions on how to

a) use [b][i]Previous Versions[/i][/b] (W7 and later) to recover previous versions of the file ;

b) recover your file as it was when you last opened or saved it, or as it was when it was last saved with AutoRecovery;

c) find previous versions of the file in the folder it is located in, but which have since been deleted;

d) un-delete the temporary files AOO wrote while you were editing the file, and then deleted.  This will recover your file as it was when you last opened or you last saved it.

If your file is opening as ###, it is damaged - possibly because of over-hasty power off of the computer before the internal buffers in the hard drive had written to disk.  If it is asking for selection of an ASCII filter, it is also most likely damaged and experience shows that you should not waste any time with your existing file - it will have no usable content.  Concentrate on the recovery methods outlined in the tutorial.

Do these actions as soon as possible.

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

Re: FILE CORRUPTED

Posted by David Robley <ro...@gmail.com>.
What is happening that makes you think the file is corrupted?

As a courtesy I have sent a copy of this reply to you as well as to the
mailing list. Do Not reply to me personally but just to the list at
<us...@openoffice.apache.org> - replies to my personal email address
will be ignored.

On 16/8/19 6:11 am, Amber LaRose wrote:
> Please help me! One of my files got corrupted. How can I save it? What do I do to repair it?

Cheers
--
David Robley

"You look like a goat," Tom kidded.