Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org> on 2007/08/08 12:56:01 UTC

[VOTE] Geronimo 2.0 (RC1) and txmanager 2.0.1

I have put together the release and its been a long journey to get here.

If you have comments please put them on the corresponding [DISCUSS]
thread.

[ ] +1 Release Geronimo 2.0
[ ] 0   No opinion
[ ] -1  Do not release Geronimo 2.0

Vote will conclude on 0700 ET on Saturday August 11th.

Binaries and source artifacts are at http://people.apache.org/
~hogstrom/geronimo-2.0-rc1

Files are being uploaded as of the time of this writing.

Re: [VOTE] Geronimo 2.0 (RC1) and txmanager 2.0.1

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
On Aug 10, 2007, at 6:54 AM, Christopher Blythe wrote:

> Jencks, et. al.
>
> Any idea if this was ever addressed?

Sorry, that is not fixed in 2.0

david jencks

Posted by Christopher Blythe <cj...@gmail.com>.
Jencks, et. al.

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.
Forgot my +1 (perhaps implied)

Posted by Lin Sun <li...@gmail.com>.
+1

Lin

Posted by Gianny Damour <gi...@optusnet.com.au>.
+1

Thanks,
Gianny

Re: [VOTE] Geronimo 2.0 (RC1) and txmanager 2.0.1

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
+1

--jason

Posted by Hernan Cunico <hc...@gmail.com>.
+1

Cheers!
Hernan

Posted by Paul McMahan <pa...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Tim McConnell <ti...@gmail.com>.
+1

Tim McConnell

Posted by Vamsavardhana Reddy <c1...@gmail.com>.
+1

Vamsi

Posted by Prasad Kashyap <go...@gmail.com>.
+1

Cheers
Prasad

Re: [RESULT] Geronimo 2.0 (RC1) and txmanager 2.0.1 - Passes with 17 +1 votes

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.
forgot to update the Subject line.  Once again.

The 2.0 release has passed with 17 +1's.  w00t !!

I'll push the binaries out this weekend and we can declare victory
next week !!

Great job all !

Posted by "Jay D. McHugh" <ja...@joyfulnoisewebdesign.com>.
+1

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@savoirtech.com>.
+1

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.
+1

-Donald

Posted by P Buck <pg...@gmail.com>.
Seeing that the David's have weighed in with their +1's, here's my +1
[non-binding].

Paul Buck

Posted by Vamsavardhana Reddy <c1...@gmail.com>.
Would have been better if the separate distribution files were hosted to
download and evaluate instead of 360MB single tar.gz.  I am getting a
download speed of 5K/s ETA 24hrs :o(

Posted by Vamsavardhana Reddy <c1...@gmail.com>.
:o)

Vamsi

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.

Posted by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com>.
+1 (assuming TCK is all good).

Jarek

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
+1

David

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
All, I'm happy to report that RC1 has passed all TCK tests.

All other aspects of the release look good to me. Here's my +1.

Great work, everyone!

--kevan

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.

Posted by Lin Sun <li...@gmail.com>.
Hi Matt, it is not obvious to me which one is the binary?

Basically, almost everything has been marked as -src, which indicated
source.   geronimo-2.0-rc1.tar.gz  is the only candidate but that is
360MB (I expect our server is around 60MB).

Thanks, Lin