Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Hartrich, James CTR USTRANSCOM J6" <Ja...@ustranscom.mil> on 2007/08/15 15:39:59 UTC

2.0.9 UnknownClassVersionError

I'm getting an UnknownClassVersion error during struts2.0.9 deployment
to tomcat with java 1.5.0.0.3

Is struts 2.0.9 entirely compiled in java 6?

James Hartrich

Re: 2.0.9 UnknownClassVersionError

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.
Hartrich, James CTR USTRANSCOM J6 wrote:
> I'm getting an UnknownClassVersion error during struts2.0.9 deployment
> to tomcat with java 1.5.0.0.3
>
> Is struts 2.0.9 entirely compiled in java 6?

Struts 2.0.9 targets the JDK 1.5 runtime. It shouldn't matter which JDK
was used to compile, unless there's a problem in the build process. Are
you certain you're picking up the right JDK? (i.e. that you aren't
accidentally using 1.4 or something?) What is the exact error message
you're getting?

L.