Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Julian Bruno <ju...@gmail.com> on 2020/03/25 19:11:01 UTC

[VOTE + INPUT] Beam Mascot Designs, 2nd iteration - Deadline Friday, March 27

Hello Apache Beam Community,

Together with Aizhamal and her team, we have been working on the design of
the Apache Beam mascot.

We now need input from the community to continue moving forward with the
design. Please share your input no later than Friday, March 27, at noon
Pacific Time. Below you will find a link to the presentation of the work
process and we are eager to know what you think of the current design [1].

Our questions to you:

1. Do you prefer red or black colored line art?

2. Do you have any additional feedback about the mascot's shape or features?

Please reply inline, so it is clear what exactly you are referring to. The
vote and input phase will be open until Friday, March 27, at 12 pm Pacific
Time. We will incorporate the feedback to the next design iteration of the
mascot.

Thank you,

Julian Bruno // Visual Artist & Graphic Designer
 (510) 367-0551 / SF Bay Area, CA
www.instagram.com/julbro.art

[1]

 Mascot Weekly Update - 3/25
<https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1ks9dOA-qFH1cNku8_46TppxsfKWJn8Gb94Vi5MtnQD0/edit?usp=drive_web>

ᐧ

Re: [VOTE + INPUT] Beam Mascot Designs, 2nd iteration - Deadline Friday, March 27

Posted by Kenneth Knowles <ke...@apache.org>.
Agree with Max. When I first saw the new image on slide 5, I could not
perceive the end of the tail. So to me it looked less like a sting and more
like it got brighter and brighter so that the shape of the end of the tail
could not be perceived through the glow.

Posted by Maximilian Michels <mx...@apache.org>.

Posted by Alex Amato <aj...@google.com>.

Posted by Pablo Estrada <pa...@google.com>.

Posted by Kenneth Knowles <ke...@apache.org>.