Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Darren Munt <da...@ardex.com.au> on 2002/07/10 01:46:53 UTC

FOP User has a question about xerces

Hi,

I apologise upfront for having no understanding of how xerces is being used by FOP version 0.20.4.

I have recently attempted to use the latest version of FOP with some exisiting XML files that I have been working with lately. These files are accepted and processed by FOP version 0.20.3, which uses xerces-1.2.3.jar. However, when I try to process the same XML file using FOP version 0.20.4, which uses xercesImpl-2.0.1.jar, I get the following error:

"Missing byte-order mark"

Can anyone from xerces land shed any light on this problem? The encoding of my XML file is UTF-16. The first 4 bytes of the file contain x'FF FE FF FE'.

Thanks in anticipation.