Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by srikaanth <sr...@snovabits.com> on 2014/06/06 13:39:29 UTC

File upload zone not working

Hi all,

         I have tried the tapestry fileupload it working well.  But when
add zone to it . It throws exception.  Can anybody help how to added
zone for fileupload.

--
Regards
Srikaanth.K

Re: File upload zone not working

Posted by Ilya Obshadko <il...@gmail.com>.
There's more general question actually.

After migrating my project from T5.3 / Bootstrap 2 to T5.4 / Bootstrap 3
during last 2 weeks I could say that T5.4 is currently missing a lot of
essential client-side integration features.

A few examples include:

- fully configurable Typeahead support (I've already posted my solution for
it several days ago)
- AJAX upload support (there's a number of 3rd party solutions)
- modern date picker component (similarly, a number of 3rd party components
do exist)
- radio button groups of checkbox groups based on Bootstrap button groups
(I had to create my own solution)
- client-side modals, popovers, tooltips (same)

etc etc etc

Maybe it's a good idea to consider creating some project like
tapestry-ui-extensions on GitHub, so people could contribute their work to
make those UI features more available?

On Fri, Jun 6, 2014 at 4:10 PM, Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <
thiagohp@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 06 Jun 2014 08:39:29 -0300, srikaanth <
> srikaanth.k.jpp@snovabits.com> wrote:
>
>  Hi all,
>>
>>          I have tried the tapestry fileupload it working well.  But when
>> add zone to it . It throws exception.  Can anybody help how to added zone
>> for fileupload.
>>

> tapestry-fileupload doesn't work with zones. Try
> http://tapestry5-jquery.com/components/docsajaxupload or
> http://tawus.wordpress.com/2011/06/25/ajax-upload-for-tapestry/.
>
> --
> Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo