Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by "Ly, Kiet" <ki...@g.harvard.edu> on 2019/02/19 00:36:44 UTC

hdfs remote copy timeout

Whenever my Hadoop cluster is under heavy load, I can't copy a file from
HDFS (using hdfs -copyToLocal) to my desktop. Is there anything that I can
tune in DataNode to avoid socket time out?

Re: hdfs remote copy timeout

Posted by Ayush Saxena <ay...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kiet

You can try increasing the timeout using the configuration
dfs.client.socket-timeout
The default is 60000 milliseconds, can increase accordingly.

Thanks
-Ayush