Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Muhammad Nasir <mn...@folio3.com> on 2017/11/09 05:59:46 UTC

Is there a way to count all retries as single request in JMeter

I am having false reporting due to number of retries. I have implemented a
retry mechanism as
" ${__jexl3(("${Login_Code}" != "200") && ("${Login_Counter}" <= "2"))} "

Let's say I am executing a request which retries for 2 times and then
Failed is actually reported as 3 independent requests on Aggregate/Results
Tree Reports.

Is there a way to report this as single failure because this is ultimately
a single request with 2 retries?

Note: I tried following solution and its not working either
import org.apache.jmeter.samplers.SampleResult;

if (new String(ResponseData).equals("message")) {
    SampleResult result = ctx.getCurrentSampler().sample(null);
    if (result.getResponseDataAsString().equals("message")) {
        Failure = true;
    } else {
        SampleResult.setSuccessful(true);
    }

}

Thanks,
*Nasir*

Re: Is there a way to count all retries as single request in JMeter

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi
>"The generated sample is only regarded as successful if all its
sub-samples are successful."
Hence use your own custom assertion e.g.
http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/component_reference.html#JSR223_Assertion
(it possible to use the other assertions also depending on what gets
returned)

regards
deepak

Posted by Muhammad Nasir <mn...@folio3.com>.

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/component_reference.html#Transaction_Controller

Posted by Muhammad Nasir <mn...@folio3.com>.
Hello Antonio,

Posted by Muhammad Nasir <mn...@folio3.com>.
I think you are not getting my question. I have already implemented retries
and now trying to fix false reporting for benchmarking.
--Nasir

Posted by jmeter tea <jm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Muhammad Nasir <mn...@folio3.com>.
In my case it is.