Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Diana Shannon <sh...@terracare.com> on 2001/02/10 21:00:48 UTC

1.8.2 basic cache question

I'm experiencing some behavior with Cocoon that I don't understand.

I have a relatively simple Cocoon-based site composed of approximately 50
different XML files. I'm using only XML -> XINCLUDE -> XSL -> HTML to serve
requests, with no XSP yet. All the XML content is frozen. According to the
commented tag line from Cocoon that appears at the bottom of the html
source, some pages are served from cache, while others aren't no matter how
many times I request them. When I check Cocoon.xml, it shows these
"uncached" pages are actually stored. If they are "stored," shouldn't they
be served from the cache?

Reading through the Cocooon list, it suggests pages won't cache in the event
of insufficient memory. I haven't received any "out of memory" errors.
Cocoon.xml reports 25 MB total memory with 3.5 MB free. I haven't changed
anything in the 1.8.2 cocoon.properties file.

My server configuration is solaris, tomcat 3.2.1, cocoon 1.8.2.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks.

Diana