Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Paolo Di Tommaso <pa...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/06 14:05:03 UTC

Service point publishing

Wicket is a wonderful framework for handle web pages request. But I'm
thinking that it would be nice too to publish general "web" service without
any visual component associated.

In other word would be very useful to use Wicket to expose a server side
services in protocol agnostic way.

For example having something like that :

public void init() {

   mount( "/trade", new TradeService() );

}

The protocol to be used could be SOAP, REST, JSON, XML-RPC, plain HTTP or
whatever else, but injected using a defined interface.

What do you think about that?

Any ideas/suggestions where to start from?

Paolo

Re: Service point publishing

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.
write your own IRequestTargetUrlCodingStrategy class.
That can decode a request to a IRequestTarget and encode one to a url (that
shouldn't be to hard)
Then also have you own kind of IRequestTarget that is the service.

johan

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.
I understand. Well, it's certainly not impossible. You can make such
services yourself now, but it would require you to understand quite a
bit about Wicket's internals. If you want us to put it on the list of
things to look at, we can certainly think about how we can make this a
little bit easier. So if you do, please open an issue.

Eelco

Posted by Paolo Di Tommaso <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.