Posted to dev@ambari.apache.org by Sandeep G <sa...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/05 10:17:10 UTC

Support for N standby Resource managers

Hi
I am a Lead Software Engineer at Salesforce.com. I have seen that we can
have just one standby Resource manager for enabling YARN HA feature in
Ambari web. Nevertheless, there is support for any number of standby
Resource Managers on the server side. How about adding the ability to
select any number of standby resource managers in the YARN HA workflow ? Is
there a specific reason to restrict to just one standby Resource manager ?

Please help me understand

Thanks in advance
--Sandeep