Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by BDalton <bi...@uniform.ca> on 2006/07/18 22:05:50 UTC

0.8 – Will not accept url list file on Windows

I get this error,

bin/nutch crawl url.txt -dir newcrawled -depth 2 >& crawl.log

Exception in thread "main" java.io.IOException: Input directory
d:/nutch3/urls/urls.txt in local is invalid.
	at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.submitJob(JobClient.java:274)
	at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.runJob(JobClient.java:327)
	at org.apache.nutch.crawl.Injector.inject(Injector.java:138)
	at org.apache.nutch.crawl.Crawl.main(Crawl.java:105)

Sent from the Nutch - User forum at Nabble.com.

Re: 0.8 – Will not accept url list file on Windows

Posted by BDalton <bi...@uniform.ca>.
Ah! Thanks all.

On windows, using cygwin the default NUTCH_HOME is at \\cygdrive\

I did have some malformed urls in my test. Fixed and everything is fine, I
just didn’t know the input and output changes to 0.8. I’m new to this list,
so hopefully I’ll now keep up to the changes.

Posted by Sami Siren <ss...@gmail.com>.
Logging is also different in 0.8. by default it logs to file
$NUTCH_HOME/logs/hadoop.log (so you don't need to capture stdout, stderr
to log file anymore)
--
 Sami Siren

Posted by Sudhi Seshachala <su...@yahoo.com>.
Please try this command
  bin/nutch crawl search -dir /usr/data/crawl -depth 2 &> crawl.log &

  where search  folder contains the list of files containing URLs.
  The crawler will crawl data into /usr/data/crawl/crawldb folder.
  crawl.log being the log file.

  Hope this helps.
  Thanks
  Sudhi

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: 0.8 – Will not accept url list file on Windows

Posted by BDalton <bi...@uniform.ca>.

Posted by Sami Siren <ss...@gmail.com>.