Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Jarek Potiuk <Ja...@polidea.com> on 2019/12/17 21:44:23 UTC

Setting fixVersion and "Resolved" status in JIRA

Hello Commiters,

I think the current way of managing JIRA issues "fixVersion" and resolving
tickets does not work well. We have an agreement that we set the
"fixVersion" to either 1.10.<to be released> or 2.0.0 depending on whether
we cherry-pick it to v1-10-test or not. But many of us (including myself)
forgetts to do it from time to time.

I worked with Kaxil today to fix some tests for 1.10.7 and Kaxil asked me
to check if there are any missing issues I cherry-picked and have not set
fixedVersion in JIRA. I found a few that were missing, so I figured that I
will check all of them. I did some semi-automated way of checking it and ...

I found 99 (!) tickets that were already fixed in master which were either
not resolved yet or had fixVersion set to Empty.

I am fixing the JIRA fixVersion now one by one - but it is fairly slow
proces (as I want to make sure there is no mistake).

There is no single person to blame (I am as guilty as anyone else there),
but it is clear indication that the process we have now does not work well.

I think we need to work out some way to make this process better and really
automate this part. I will clean the issues up now, but then any future
commits/cherry-picks will again cause problems.

Maybe someone has an idea how we can solve it quickly and permanently ?

J.

--

Jarek Potiuk

M: +48 660 796 129 <+48660796129>

Re: Setting fixVersion and "Resolved" status in JIRA

Posted by Jarek Potiuk <Ja...@polidea.com>.
Yeah Bjorn. I think we already discussed/agreed that we are going to use
probot. Might be the best idea to use it for that purpose.

J.

Posted by Bjorn Olsen <bj...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Posted by Kaxil Naik <ka...@gmail.com>.