Posted to user@jspwiki.apache.org by John Pimentel <jp...@ra.rockwell.com> on 2013/09/12 17:57:03 UTC

Re: ldaps authentication to jspwiki

hi Juan Pablo,

I finally resolved my issue, and would like to share my results on the
Wiki.
What is the best way for me to contribute it that way, just send the
details of my finding to the list?
I don't see a way to participate on the wiki site directly, and the docs
link (http://doc.jspwiki.org/) seems to be broken.

Regards,
John Pimentel

jpimentel@ra.rockwell.com
Office  (414) 382-3354
Mobile (262) 501-4785

From:   Juan Pablo Santos Rodríguez <ju...@gmail.com>
To:     user@jspwiki.apache.org
Date:   08/28/2013 12:30 PM
Subject:        Re: ldaps authentication to jspwiki

Hello John,

would you mind checking these links:
-
http://blog.davekoelmeyer.co.nz/2012/01/28/container-based-authentication-with-jspwiki-glassfish-and-opendj/

-
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-jspwiki-user/201306.mbox/%3CCAMufup7zBdGP-1J9mR4o8DT6CMYLaipDu63DEt7HB5k9d1Pk2w%40mail.gmail.com%3E

- http://www.ebel-computing.de/JSPWiki/Wiki.jsp?page=Ldap%20Integration

The first two discuss a similar issue as yours, but using glassfish and
OpenDJ. In any case, the ldap conifguration might give you a hint. The
last
one is another "Ldap Integration" page, which may be closer to your issue

HTH,
juan pablo

<2625014785@txt.att.net?subject=RA%20Text%204%20U>

<jpimentel@ra.rockwell.com
> >wrote:
>

> > Hi Jim,
> >
> > Thanks for the response.
> >
> > We are using Sun LDAP.  Let me give you an example from my user
account.
> > Under my group container
> > cn=UN_CTM_AdminGroup,ou=Control-M,ou=group,dc=mydomain,dc=com
> > I have a attribute called uniqueMember.
> > The value for my account is as follows:
> > uid=JPimen,ou=people,dc=mydomain,dc=com
> >
> > I of course substituted our actual domain for mydomain in this
example,
> but
> > everything else is verbatim.
> >
> > So our groups are nmed by cn but the users are named by uid.
> >
> > Unfortunately our LDAP server will not accept anything other than
ldaps
> > connections, so I am stuck there.
> >
> > Also if you have any recommendation on how to enable security specific
> > debug I would appreciate that.
> >
> > I found what appears to be a log level entry in my jspwiki.properties
> file.
> > I changed
> > log4j.rootCategory=INFO,FileLog
> > To read
> > log4j.rootCategory=DEBUG,FileLog
> >
> > Now, I do see debug entries in the /web1/dyscq/tomcat/logs/jspwiki.log
> > file, but no entries appear when I try (and fail) to log in.
> >
> > Thanks again for any ideas.
> >
> > Regards,
> > John Pimentel
> >
> >  (Embedded image moved to file: pic11833.gif)Description: Description:
> > ralogo_web
> > jpimentel@ra.rockwell.com
> > Office  (414) 382-3354
> > Mobile (262) 501-4785
> >

> > From:   Jim Willeke <ji...@willeke.com>
> > To:     user@jspwiki.apache.org
> > Date:   08/27/2013 03:40 AM
> > Subject:        Re: ldaps authentication to jspwiki
> >

> > I would guess, as you show no information on your LDAP setup, this
line
> is
> > wrong:
> > userPattern="uid={0},ou=people,dc=mydomain,dc=com"
> >
> > Are your users named by uid or cn?
> > You show roles as named by cn and since you show dc=,dc= I would guess
> this
> > is AD
> >
> > Also, try using LDAP vs LDAPS to help troubleshoot.
> >
> > -jim
> >
> > --
> > -jim
> > Jim Willeke
> >

> > On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 10:47 AM, John Pimentel
> > <jp...@ra.rockwell.com>wrote:
> >

> > > Greetings,
> > >
> > > I am having difficulties getting LDAPS authentication to work and I
> think
> > > must be missing some fundamental configuration.
> > >
> > > My current state is that the Site loads and displays content
properly,
> > but
> > > when I go to edit content or I select the log in page directly, my
LDAP
> [...]
> > >        </description>
> > >        <role-name>Authenticated</role-name>
> > >    </security-role>
> > >
> > >    <security-role>
> > >        <description>
> > >            This logical role includes all administrative users
> > >        </description>
> > >        <role-name>Admin</role-name>
> > >    </security-role>
> > >

> > > Regards,
> > > John Pimentel
> > >
> > >  (Embedded image moved to file: pic05844.gif)Description:
> > > ralogo_web
> > > jpimentel@ra.rockwell.com
> > > Office  (414) 382-3354
> > > Mobile (262) 501-4785
> > >

> > > From:   user-help@jspwiki.apache.org
> > > To:     jpimentel@ra.rockwell.com
> > > Date:   08/26/2013 08:16 AM
> > > Subject:        WELCOME to user@jspwiki.apache.org
> > >

> > > Hi! This is the ezmlm program. I'm managing the
> > > user@jspwiki.apache.org mailing list.
> > >
> > > I'm working for my owner, who can be reached
> > > at user-owner@jspwiki.apache.org.
> > >
> > > Acknowledgment: I have added the address
> > >
> > >    jpimentel@ra.rockwell.com
> > >
> > > to the user mailing list.
> > >
> > > Welcome to user@jspwiki.apache.org!
> > >
> > > Please save this message so that you know the address you are
> > > subscribed under, in case you later want to unsubscribe or change
your
> > > subscription address.
> > >

> > > --- Administrative commands for the user list ---
> > >
> > > I can handle administrative requests automatically. Please
> > > do not send them to the list address! Instead, send
> > > your message to the correct command address:
> > >
> > > To subscribe to the list, send a message to:
> > >    <us...@jspwiki.apache.org>
> > >
> > > To remove your address from the list, send a message to:
> > >    <us...@jspwiki.apache.org>
> > >
> > > Send mail to the following for info and FAQ for this list:
> > >    <us...@jspwiki.apache.org>
> > >    <us...@jspwiki.apache.org>
> > >
> > > Similar addresses exist for the digest list:
> > >    <us...@jspwiki.apache.org>
> > >    <us...@jspwiki.apache.org>
> > >
> > > To get messages 123 through 145 (a maximum of 100 per request),
mail:
> > >    <us...@jspwiki.apache.org>
> > >
> > > To get an index with subject and author for messages 123-456 , mail:
> > >    <us...@jspwiki.apache.org>
> > >
> > > They are always returned as sets of 100, max 2000 per request,
> > > so you'll actually get 100-499.
> > >
> > > To receive all messages with the same subject as message 12345,
> > > send a short message to:
> > >    <us...@jspwiki.apache.org>
> > >
> > > The messages should contain one line or word of text to avoid being
> > > treated as sp@m, but I will ignore their content.
> > > Only the ADDRESS you send to is important.
> > >
> > > You can start a subscription for an alternate address,
> > > for example "john@host.domain", just add a hyphen and your
> > > address (with '=' instead of '@') after the command word:
> > > <us...@jspwiki.apache.org>
> > >
> > > To stop subscription for this address, mail:
> > > <us...@jspwiki.apache.org>
> > >
> > > In both cases, I'll send a confirmation message to that address.
When

OFD7D57B0D.E2A05A18-ON86257BD3.0048D45A-86257BD3.0048D84D@ra.rockwell.com

Posted by John Pimentel <jp...@ra.rockwell.com>.
Hi Henry / Juan Pablo,

I guess I will just post it to the list for now, you can move ot to your
new server in due time and as you see fit.

LDAP Authentication Configuration  for jspwiki Using LDAP Security Groups.

Assumptions:
Using LDAPS.
LDAP Server is in place and cannot be tweaked other than adding security
groups and related ou/containers.
LDAP Server is SunOne or similar (not an Windows AD type) LDAP Server.
Using group based authentication since attributes cannot be tweaked.
Using bind mode authentication to LDAP Server
Starting with a single admin level role (more levels can be easily added
later as needed).
LDAP Server Structure looks like this:
User Container – All users are located at or below this level
ou=people,dc=mydomain.com,dc=com
        Group OU – This is where your Security Groups will be nested
ou=WiKi,ou=group,dc=mydomain,dc=com
        "Admin" Security Group Container
cn=AdminGroup,ou=WiKi,ou=group,dc=mydomain,dc=com

Procedure
1. Establish the trust between the Tomcat instance and the LDAP Server by
importing the cert for the LDAP Server into the central java keystore
something like this:
$JAVA_ROOT/bin/keytool -import -alias sunldap -file [Path to Cert File]
-keystore $JAVA_ROOT/lib/security/cacerts

2. Create JNDI Realm in $CATALINA_BASE/conf/server.xml that looks
something like this:
<Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JNDIRealm"
       connectionURL="ldaps://server.mydomain.com:636"
       connectionName="uid=wiki_bind,ou=admin,dc=mydomain,dc=com"
       connectionPassword="********"
       userBase="ou=people,dc=mydomain.com,dc=com"
       userSearch="(uid={0})"
       userSubtree="true"
       roleBase="ou=WiKi,ou=group,dc=mydomain,dc=com"
       roleSubtree="false"
       roleName="cn"
       roleSearch="(uniqueMember={0})"
/>

Where the following are true:
Realm className - should be left alone and unchanged
connectionURL - is the url and port for your LDAP server
connectionName - is the user name used to bind to LDAP
connectionPassword - is the password for the “connectionName” user above
userBase - is the base container for users in LDAP referenced in
assumptions above.
userSearch - is the search string for the user name plus the related
attribute (in this case “uid”).  The “{0}” entry signifies the information
passed in to the realm from the login form.
userSubtree - is the search scope. Set to true if you wish to search the
entire subtree rooted at the “userBase” entry. The default value of false
requests a single-level search including only the top level.
roleBase – is the base ou where other Security Groups will be nested
roleSubtree - the search scope. Set to true if you wish to search the
entire subtree rooted at the “roleBase” entry. The default value of false
requests a single-level search including the top level only.
roleName – the LDAP attribute for the Security Group.  Pay attention to
this.  The group name in LDAP will be passed to the role name value used
in security constraints below.
roleSearch – is similar to “userSearch” but the attribute in this case is
the one that LDAP uses in the Security Group for the user, in this case
“uniqueMember”

Reference:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/realm-howto.html#JNDIRealm

3. Create or uncomment the  CONTAINER-MANAGED AUTHENTICATION &
AUTHORIZATION section of the jspwiki web.xml.  When you  are finished it
should look something like this.  Note: the "role-name" value below should
match the Security Group that contains members you want to authenticate.
This must match what is returned from LDAP.  The default section looks
like this:

   <security-constraint>
       <web-resource-collection>
           <web-resource-name>Administrative Area</web-resource-name>
           <url-pattern>/Delete.jsp</url-pattern>
       </web-resource-collection>
       <auth-constraint>
           <role-name>Admin</role-name>
       </auth-constraint>
       <user-data-constraint>
       </user-data-constraint>
   </security-constraint>

[...]

I only had to make a few edits to the default section to get this to work
on my system.

First since we run the wiki behind an SSL enabled apache instance. I saw
no need to enable SSL on tomcat.  So I commented out all instances of this
directive:
<!--
       <user-data-constraint>
       </user-data-constraint>
-->

Additionally, inside the second security constraint statement, I changed
the text in Red to correspond to my LDAP security group.
From the default of:
       <auth-constraint>
           <role-name>Admin</role-name>
           <role-name>Authenticated</role-name>
       </auth-constraint>
      <auth-constraint>
          <role-name>AdminGroup</role-name>
      </auth-constraint>

The final change to jspwiki web.xml was to remove the first security-role
and edited the second as follows.
From this:
   <security-role>
       <description>
           This logical role includes all authenticated users
       </description>
       <role-name>Authenticated</role-name>
   </security-role>

   <security-role>
       <description>
           This logical role includes all administrative users
       </description>
       <role-name>Admin</role-name>
   </security-role>
To this:
   <security-role>
       <description>
           This logical role includes all administrative users
       </description>
       <role-name>AdminGroup</role-name>
   </security-role>

4. The last modification for me was in the jspwiki.policy file.
If you want to restrict access to only authenticated users  Create a file
that only has the following lines in it:

grant principal org.apache.wiki.auth.authorize.Role "AdminGroup" {
   permission org.apache.wiki.auth.permissions.AllPermission "*";
};

The net effect being only authenticated users will be allowed to browse
the site.
Alternatively, if you want to allow anonymous browse access simply append
that same directive to the bottom of the policy file.
In the above example "AdminGroup" matches the “role-name” used in the
web.xml "roll-name" fields, as well as the LDAP Security group I used.
At this point I restarted Tomcat and was able to log into and edit my Wiki
site using my LDAP credentials.
Enjoy,

Regards,
John Pimentel

From:   Juan Pablo Santos Rodríguez <ju...@gmail.com>
To:     user@jspwiki.apache.org
Date:   09/15/2013 03:17 PM

Hi John,

glad to read you finally managed to resolve your issue :-) As Harry has
pointed out, the new VM to hold jspwiki.org is nearly there, so you may
either wait a little more or just post it on this thread

regards,
juan pablo

Posted by Juan Pablo Santos Rodríguez <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi John,