Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Jaroslav Tulach <ja...@gmail.com> on 2017/10/24 11:54:59 UTC

[mentors] Apache Release 1.5 of HTML/Java API is approved - what is next?

> Hi.
> The source release is approved. The source ZIP and associated files are
> currently at:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/netbeans/
> shall we upload them somewhere else?

Dear mentors,
I'd like to really know answer to this question. Shall the files be
uploaded somewhere else to finish the release?
-jt

Re: [mentors] Apache Release 1.5 of HTML/Java API is approved - what is next?

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.

On 2017-10-24 21:05, Ate Douma wrote:

> On 2017-10-24 14:17, Geertjan Wielenga wrote:
>> The word "shall" should be "should" here -- i.e., the question to mentors
>> is do we need to upload somewhere the release to complete it? Or is it
>> complete right now?
>
> The ASF policy and documentation for releases:
>    http://www.apache.org/dev/#releases
>
> The necessary steps and requirements for the release distribution:
>    http://www.apache.org/dev/release-distribution.html
>
> And the specific amendments for Incubator releases:
>    http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html
>
> Every PPMC member should read the above docs at least once, likely
> several times, because eventually, after graduation, the Netbeans PMC
> members will be responsible to verify and ensure releases are done in
> compliance with those rules!
>
> For right now, the current source distribution at:
>    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/netbeans/
>
> needs to be moved (can use svn mv for that) to something like:
>
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/netbeans/netbeans-html4j-1.5/
>

> Also, the KEYS file needed to verify netbeans distributions needs to be
> uploaded in the root (netbeans) dist folder there as well:
>    http://www.apache.org/dev/release-distribution.html#sigs-and-sums
>
> Finally, the Netbeans website (netbeans.apache.org) needs to provide
> a download link for the distribution, including (explicitly) links
> todownload the signature check files *and* instructions how to use to
verify the distribution.
See:

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com>.