Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Christopher Cobb <cc...@phtek.com> on 2001/06/10 06:46:05 UTC

c2: getting started

Hi,

This is my first direct experience with cocoon (c1 or c2).

I have successfully retreived the latest cvs code and installed c2 with
tomcat and have been able to successfully view most of the sample pages
at http://localhost:8080/cocoon.

I have also built and read all of the excellent documentation starting
at xml-cocoon2/build/cocoon/docs/index.html which describes the concepts
and architecture used by c2.

I am now ready to start creating some simple c2 pages and I don't seem
to see any how-to documentation or tutorials.  Do these exists?  If so,
where can I find them?  If not, any suggestions on how I should proceed?

Thanks.

Chris

RE: c2: getting started

Posted by Luca Morandini <l....@tin.it>.
Chris,

	this is the sore point of Cocoon (especially C2): minimal documentation.

	Anyhow, you could go to <cocoon>\webapp and find some sample code.

	See both C1 and C2 samples and documentation, since the former is more
complete (though, in some parts, obsolete).

	I hope this helps.

P.S.
	It would be a pity to underestimate the power of Cocoon because of poor
documentation; I'd like to submit something in this area... but first I need
to understand it myself !

               Luca Morandini
               GIS Consultant
            lmorandini@ieee.org