Posted to user@poi.apache.org by CDB <cb...@burkeitconsulting.com> on 2012/07/01 12:52:14 UTC

EOF Record

I have a questions about POI and using the extract text method on .xls
files.

Is it uncommon to encounter the EOF Record exception and does that prevent
the extract of text?

Found EOFRecord before WindowTwoRecord was encountered
java.lang.RuntimeException: Found EOFRecord before WindowTwoRecord was
encountered
        at
org.apache.poi.hssf.model.RecordOrderer.isEndOfRowBlock(RecordOrderer.java:4
26)
        at
org.apache.poi.hssf.model.RowBlocksReader.<init>(RowBlocksReader.java:58)
        at org.apache.poi.hssf.model.Sheet.<init>(Sheet.java:201)
        at org.apache.poi.hssf.model.Sheet.createSheet(Sheet.java:158)
        at
org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.HSSFWorkbook.<init>(HSSFWorkbook.java:287)
        at
org.apache.poi.hssf.extractor.ExcelExtractor.<init>(ExcelExtractor.java:68)
        at
org.apache.poi.hssf.extractor.ExcelExtractor.<init>(ExcelExtractor.java:65)
        at
com.piifinder.file.ExcelStreamFactory.extractText(ExcelStreamFactory.java:16
)

Thanks

Charles

Re: EOF Record

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@alfresco.com>.
On Sun, 1 Jul 2012, CDB wrote:
> Is it uncommon to encounter the EOF Record exception and does that prevent
> the extract of text?
>
> Found EOFRecord before WindowTwoRecord was encountered
> java.lang.RuntimeException: Found EOFRecord before WindowTwoRecord was
> encountered
>        at
> org.apache.poi.hssf.model.RecordOrderer.isEndOfRowBlock(RecordOrderer.java:4
> 26)

This is normally a sign of a corrupt file. (Very occasionally, it's a sign
of a POI bug). Where did this file come from, was it Excel or some other
software? And if you load the file in excel and do a save-as, does that
fix it?

Nick

Re: EOF Record

Posted by Baris <ba...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

I have the same Problem with the excel files, I wanted to know if
you have fixed your Problem? If it is the case, can you Help me.

I opened & saved the file,
I upgraded to Poi 3.8, that didn't solved my Problem.

Baris.