Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by Shameera Rathnayaka <sh...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/01 05:34:27 UTC

Re: "Monitoring and Messaging" Framework

Hi Danushka et.al,

I am working on defining a standard to convert JSON to XML and a suitable
method to do the conversion back and forth without any loss. I went through
some XSD's of Airavata backend and found that some elements have been
defined with some attributes ( i.e, "application-scheduling-context"
element in workflow_execution_context.xsd expect 10 attributes with it,
Hope this is not a deprecated XSD) therefore we need to address this issue
too. Most probably I can come up with an initial draft of this standard by
next couple of days. We can initiate a discussion based on the draft and
come to a final solution. After that we can do our works parallel .

Thanks,
Shameera.

--
Best Regards,
Shameera Rathnayaka.

Re: "Monitoring and Messaging" Framework

Posted by Danushka Menikkumbura <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Shameera,

Sounds good.

Looking forward to it. Lets do a PoC once it is finalized.

Thanks,
Danushka

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.
On May 31, 2013, at 11:34 PM, Shameera Rathnayaka <sh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Danushka et.al,
>
> I am working on defining a standard to convert JSON to XML and a suitable
> method to do the conversion back and forth without any loss. I went through
> some XSD's of Airavata backend and found that some elements have been
> defined with some attributes ( i.e, "application-scheduling-context"
> element in workflow_execution_context.xsd expect 10 attributes with it,
> Hope this is not a deprecated XSD)

This is still relevant. Airavata is a Archeologists paradise, as you dig through the summer you will keep finding fossils.

The key use of such a nested schema is to let the execution client specify node level scheduling preferences.

Suresh