Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Michael Phillips <mp...@hotmail.com> on 2014/08/19 10:00:36 UTC

Adding vmware zone error

When I add a vmware based zone I get the following error "unknown API command addVmwareDC". I built from source using -Dnoredist and followed the guides putting all the non-oss jars into the deps folder etc etc...any ideas? This is for version 4.4.0

RE: Adding vmware zone error

Posted by Michael Phillips <mp...@hotmail.com>.
So I built the RPMS successfully using ./package.sh -p noredist. Funny that in the documentation is doesn't say to use the -p noredist option. So I wonder if when packaging debs, you need to use an option on this command 'dpkg-buildpackage -uc -us"  to have it package with noredist code. Anybody know?

Re: Adding vmware zone error

Posted by Erik Weber <te...@gmail.com>.

Re: Adding vmware zone error

Posted by ilya musayev <il...@gmail.com>.
Michael,

As Erik mentioned, you are missing vmware or noredist support packages.
I'm not debian user, but with redhat/rpm systems, there is a packaging
script in

[redhat] packaging/centos63/package.sh
[debian] packaging/debian/

I've posted a latest 4.3.0.1 build with noredist for centos/redhat.
Build was completed less than 10 minutes ago.

http://download.cloudsand.com/cloudsand/rhel/6/x86_64/cloudstack-4.3.0.1-08192014.rpm.tgz

Regards
ilya

RE: Adding vmware zone error