Posted to user@xmlbeans.apache.org by Kiran Kumar <kk...@objectwave.com> on 2005/06/23 17:55:16 UTC

Unable to marshal the XML

Hi,

I am trying to create a bean from an xml string using xmlbeans.. I am getting the following error.. I am forming the correct XML which matches the xsd.. Any thoughts when will we get this kind of error?

java.lang.NullPointerException
 at org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Root$LoadContext.checkNameAttr(Root.java:1428)
 at org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Root$LoadContext.attr(Root.java:1558)
 at org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Root.loadNode(Root.java:1808)
 at org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Root.loadXml(Root.java:1849)
 at org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.schema.SchemaTypeLoaderBase.parse(SchemaTypeLoaderBase.java:356)
 at testdomain.corange.INPUTSDocument$Factory.parse(Unknown Source)

My input XML is
<INPUTS targetNamespace="http://testdomain/corange <http://testdomain/corange> " xmlns:corange="http://testdomain/corange <http://testdomain/corange> " xmlns:xmlns="http://testdomain/corange <http://testdomain/corange> " xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema <http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema> ">
 <ADDRESS>
  <STREET>7500 GREENVIEW AVE</STREET>
  <STREET>7600 GREENVIEW AVE</STREET>
 </ADDRESS>
 <GEOCODING_TARGET>1</GEOCODING_TARGET>
 <APPLICATION_ID>TEST</APPLICATION_ID>
 <OBJECT_LAYER>CIP_POINTS</OBJECT_LAYER>
 <EXTERNAL_ID>18283</EXTERNAL_ID>
 <ACTUAL_LOGICAL>false</ACTUAL_LOGICAL>
</INPUTS>

Thanks
Kiran
Ph: 312 742 9630
Email: kkumar@objectwave.com <ma...@objectwave.com>

This e-mail, and any attachments thereto, is confidential and is intended only for the individual(s) named.  If you are not the intended recipient, please let us know by e-mail reply and delete it from your system; do not copy/save this e-mail or disclose its contents to anyone.  E-mail transmissions cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as the transmission could be interrupted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, altered, arrive late or contain viruses.  ObjectWave does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this e-mail which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.  The views expressed in this e-mail do not necessarily reflect those of ObjectWave or its affiliates.

Re: Unable to marshal the XML

Posted by Dave Harrison <da...@stacker.me.uk>.
Ah, didn't read this before responding to your last post, but I'd have a
stab at the problem being defining the default namespace wrongly.

To define a default namespace use xmlns="http://testdomain/corange".
This will ensure elements that aren't qualified with a namespace prefix
will belong to the http://testdomain/corange namespace.

In fact The whole namespace line doesn't look good. Replace the whole
<INPUTS... with

<INPUTS xmlns="http://testdomain/corange" >

Let me know if this sorts your problem with the NPE. Take a look at the
XML Schema Primer bit on Namespaces too:
http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-0/#NS

Dave H.