Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Vinay Patil <vi...@gmail.com> on 2016/11/07 19:13:54 UTC

Kafka Monitoring

Hi,

I am monitoring Kafka using KafkaManager for checking offset lag and other
Kafka metrics, however I am not able to see the  consumers when I use
FlinkKafkaConsumer , for console-consumer it shows them in the Consumers
list.

I have set the required parameters for the kafka consumer while running the
application.

Has anyone faced this issue ?
I am using Kafka 0.9.0.1

Regards,
Vinay Patil

Re: Kafka Monitoring

Posted by vinay patil <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Daniel,

My Zookeeper instances are running and I have provided the hosts in Kafka
manager config files.
Can you please elaborate how do I set it up with Zookeeper ?

I have also tried setting offset.storage as Zookeeper , still I don't see
the consumer getting listed in KafkaManager, also the kafka offset checker
is not showing the consumers.

Is there any configuration I am missing ?

Regards,
Vinay Patil

Re: Kafka Monitoring

Posted by vinay patil <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Daniel,

Yes Now I am able to see it , this was just a dummy code I was running on
local VM.

However on cluster , I had enabled checkpointing, still I was not able to
see  the consumers, I guess I have to put the brokerPath as you have
provided in the properties.

From where did you get the brokerPath ? I mean for which property have you
set it

Regards,
Vinay Patil

On Wed, Nov 9, 2016 at 12:32 AM, Daniel Santos [via Apache Flink User

Re: Kafka Monitoring

Posted by Daniel Santos <ds...@cryptolab.net>.
Hello,

Re: Kafka Monitoring

Posted by vinay patil <vi...@gmail.com>.

Re: Kafka Monitoring

Posted by Daniel Santos <ds...@cryptolab.net>.
Hi,

brokerPath is just optional.

Used if you want to have multile kafka clusters.

Each kafka cluster would connect to the same brokerPath.

Since I have multiple clusters I use the brokerPath.

 From the looks of it you dont. So never mind it doesn't matter.

Re: Kafka Monitoring

Posted by vinay patil <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Daniel,