Posted to dev@pig.apache.org by Adam Szita <sz...@apache.org> on 2017/06/21 09:05:05 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Pig 0.17.0 released

The Pig team is happy to announce the Pig 0.17.0 release.

Apache Pig provides a high-level data-flow language and execution framework
for parallel computation on Hadoop clusters.
More details about Pig can be found at http://pig.apache.org/.

The highlights of this release is the introduction of Spark execution
engine. The details of the release can be found at
http://pig.apache.org/releases.html.

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Pig 0.17.0 released

Posted by "Jianfeng (Jeff) Zhang" <jz...@hortonworks.com>.
Awesome, I also have integrated spark engine in zeppelin notebook as well.

https://github.com/zjffdu/zeppelin/tree/ZEPPELIN-2615

Best Regard,
Jeff Zhang

Posted by "Jianfeng (Jeff) Zhang" <jz...@hortonworks.com>.