Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Eddie Bush <ek...@swbell.net> on 2002/09/06 17:36:01 UTC

[FRIDAY] Out of control ... again

Guys,

I enjoy (part of) your postings just as much as you intended them to be
enjoyed.  However, it seems we're headed down that dark, lonely
alley-way again.  Ok, ok ... I chipped in on the crap myself, so I guess
I don't have full right to say anything.  However, if you value the list
and wish to see us being able to continue with our "relaxed friday"
attitude, I strongly urge you to cut out the entirely inappropriate crap
that has started to be slung around today.

You all know I'm not for cutting out all the [OT] and [FRIDAY] stuff,
but I have to agree with folks that say part of what has been posted
today is uncalled for and entirely inappropriate for public consumption.

Bear in mind what we learned from the recent poll:
    *  Most folks enjoy the [OT] stuff
    *  Many folks would prefer any [OT] stuff be more closely confined
to technically-oriented topics
    *  Several would like to make note that beer is not a worthy topic
for discussion

I think if we keep those points in mind, all of us will be able to get
along just fine.  If we find ourselves driven to "think outside the box"
(wrt these points), I think we'll find that the minority numbers we saw
dislikeing the [OT] posts will quickly become a majority.  Thereafter,
the list will (out of necessity) become much more rigid.  I don't think
any of us want this.  Can we *please* act like adults?

Personally, I enjoyed (a few of) the posts this morning.  However,
posting sites with sexually-explicit material - that comes with pop-up
pages of all sorts of things! - and trying to belittle people doesn't
seem appropriate for this list IMNSHO.  Many of us are in public areas
where things like the first could get us into serious trouble.  The
second is just ... wrong.

Regards,

Eddie

Re: [FRIDAY] Out of control ... again

Posted by Eddie Bush <ek...@swbell.net>.
I wish I could help you :-(  I think it's fantastic that you've
progressed as far as you have.  Kudos to you for being able to make time!

Regards,

Eddie

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@telocity.com>.
You know, Craig blasted me when I gave Micael-Oge-Mac-Something (whatever
his name is) the virtual finger.

Not sure if were aware, but there is a porn advertisement popup as Eddie
mentioned.  (I hope the network folks here don't notice it)
I can only imagine what Craig will say if he clicks that link you sent Mark.
(ducking for cover)

Anyway, please be sure to read the other thread about DBMessageResources and
give me some advice if you've hit a similar issue.

James "There's nothing tastier than a Sasquatch Steak and Mushrooms"
Mitchell
Software Engineer\Struts Evangelist
Struts-Atlanta, the "Open Minded Developer Network"
http://www.open-tools.org/struts-atlanta

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
For additional commands, e-mail:
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>