Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Thalmeiner Zsolt <th...@4dsoft.hu> on 2008/05/19 09:00:00 UTC

classpath fileseparator problem in generated manifest file under winxp

Hello,

I'm building a Java project using Maven 2.0.9 and JVM 1.5.0_14 on
Windows XP.
My project depends on runtime from some jar files that are resides in
the same directory with my jar so I put this configuration to my pom.xml:
>       <plugin>
>         <artifactId>maven-jar-plugin</artifactId>
>         <version>2.2</version>
>         <configuration>
>           <archive>
>             <manifest>
>               <addClasspath>true</addClasspath>
>               <classpathPrefix>.\</classpathPrefix>
>             </manifest>
>           </archive>
>         </configuration>
>       </plugin>

After build the manifest file in my jar file contains all dependencies
with prefix "./"
Is this a bug or I missed something?

Regards,
th

Re: classpath fileseparator problem in generated manifest file under winxp

Posted by Tim Kettler <ti...@udo.edu>.
What do you mean by working example? you project build is behaving
exactly as it should. Class-path entries in a jar manifest are

   "...relative URLS .. " [1]

and a file URL per definition [2] (section 3.10) contains forward slashes.

If your library-jars are located in the same directory as the jar with
the class-path entry you don't need a prefix at all. If the jars are
located in a subdirectory called 'libs' you need to specify the prefix
as 'libs/'

-Tim

[1]
http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/guides/jar/jar.html#Main%20Attributes