Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Koon Sang <ko...@igine.com> on 2010/08/05 05:10:15 UTC

New Top Menu Tab

Hello,

We have a client requesting us to add a menu tab for Quotes alongside
Accounting, Order, etc.  As Quotes is not a separate component by itself,
may I know how I can go about doing this?

Thank you.

Re: New Top Menu Tab

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
if you note in the AP ofbiz-component.xml
it has three mount points.
and you have seperate web apps, under webapp folder.
you don't have to put all of quotes in the quotes webapp, just the
controller for those pages you want to use.
you can look at the Ecommerce clone as an example.

Koon Sang sent the following on 8/5/2010 12:49 AM:

Re: New Top Menu Tab

Re: New Top Menu Tab

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
You can't do it OOTB because the menu is built on the fly by looking at the available webapps (that don't have app-bar-display="false").

Your only options are to either create a special webapp that just redirects to the order quote screen or to modify the theme's appbarOpen.ftl template (if you're allowing theme selection then you really need to do it in all of the themes).

Regards
Scott

HotWax Media
http://www.hotwaxmedia.com

Re: New Top Menu Tab

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
Look at the Accounting with AR and AP.

Koon Sang sent the following on 8/4/2010 8:10 PM: