Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Luis Ferro <lf...@teladigital.pt> on 2006/08/22 21:40:59 UTC

text width

I've a table with two cells... a code and a description.

I want that the first cell has a fixed size, and the second to have the size
of the text within.

Is there some way to get the width of a text so one can supply it to the
<fo:table-column definition?

Thanx in advance...

Re: text width

Posted by Andreas L Delmelle <a_...@pandora.be>.
On Aug 22, 2006, at 21:40, Luis Ferro wrote:

Hi Luis,

> I've a table with two cells... a code and a description.
>
> I want that the first cell has a fixed size, and the second to have
> the size
> of the text within.

> Is there some way to get the width of a text so one can supply it
> to the
> <fo:table-column definition?

In XSLT, you could do something like iterate over all descriptions,
and determine the column-width based on the maximum number of
characters, but that's not really the same. Besides, such an approach
is only feasible in case you're using a fixed-width font :/

Since auto table-layout is not yet implemented for the moment, there
is currently no way to let the formatter handle this, I'm afraid...

Cheers,

Andreas