Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Daniel Germain <da...@gmail.com> on 2020/04/28 21:10:04 UTC

Kafka Streams support for connecting to different Kafka clusters

As per
https://kafka.apache.org/25/documentation/streams/developer-guide/config-streams
Tip:
Kafka Streams applications can only communicate with a single Kafka cluster
specified by this config value. Future versions of Kafka Streams will
support connecting to different Kafka clusters for reading input streams
and writing output streams.

However I could not find any reference in jira or elsewhere
Is this planned or being worked on?
Any ETA?
Thanks

Re: Kafka Streams support for connecting to different Kafka clusters

Posted by "Matthias J. Sax" <mj...@apache.org>.
Not sure if there is a JIRA already. However, even if, nobody is working
on this atm.

It's also quite complex... especially for exactly-once processing.

-Matthias