Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Song Chang <cs...@yahoo.com> on 2004/09/07 00:17:51 UTC

How does WSDL2java handles "any" type

Hi, I am a newbie to this. So any help is appreciated.

I used WSDL2java to generate codes on a wsdl file
which contains something similar to this,

<s:complexType>
  <s:sequence>
     <s:any/>
  <s:sequence>
<s:complexType>

It seems AXIS generates some objects which internally
uses org.apache.axis.message.MessageElement[].

However the provider of the wsdl file provides
different proxy classes, which simply uses
org.w3c.dom.Element. What is interesting is these
proxy classes are also generated using AXIS as written
on the top of these classes.

I tried both types of proxies and they both work. Can
someone explain how this works? Thanks.

Song

http://promotions.yahoo.com/goldrush