Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by wwang2016 <wa...@impactmobile.com> on 2017/08/09 13:43:38 UTC

paging directory not accessible to cluster member

Hi,

I set up two wildfly instances (activemq is imbeded) in a cluster using
shared-store approach. I was testing the messaging high availability by
allow one wildfly instance (#1) to create all messages, and both instances
were able to process the messages. In the middle, I shut down instance #1,
and check if all messages can be processed by the remaining live wildfly
instances.

When I let the application to create 3000 to 5000 messages in one shot in
instance #1, and allow both instances to process messages (save into
database), then shut down instance #1, I can see all messages were
eventually processed by instance #2, indicating the cluster queue was
configured properly. In addition, no paging directory was created

When I let the application to create 10000 messages in one shot in instance
#1, and allow both instances to process messages. I saw a paging directory
was created. I then shut down instance #1, and let instance #2 to continue
to process the remaining messages. However, not all messages were processed.
I had to restart instance #1 to consume all remaining messages in the paging
directory. It looks like the paging directory was not accessible to cluster
members

Is there any additional configuration that is required to allow cluster
member to access paging directory?

Thanks

Re: paging directory not accessible to cluster member

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@redhat.com>.
> (2) both instance #1 and instance#2 were processing the messages, and
shut down instance #1 in the middle

Are you saying that the live and backup brokers were both active at the
same time?

Do you have a reproducible test-case I could use to observe exactly the
behavior you're describing?  If not, could you create one?

Justin

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@redhat.com>.
To my knowledge, the only thing that needs to be configured is normal
directory read/write permissions.

Justin