Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Cory Wilkerson <cw...@travelnow.com> on 2003/09/02 21:33:52 UTC

minOccurs & client code qname

All,

Why does a minOccurs = 0 in my schema cause the type namespace for 'int' to render as follows when generating client stubs?  I assumed that the namespace would be consistent across all ints (all other ints aren't of type "int" in namespace http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema, of course, none of these have the minOccurs attribute specified).  I should also note that .net client code uses xsd:type to qualify this same attribute (where xsd = http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema).

elemField.setFieldName("numberOfChildren");
elemField.setXmlName(new javax.xml.namespace.QName("", "numberOfChildren"));
elemField.setXmlType(new javax.xml.namespace.QName("http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/", "int"));
elemField.setMinOccurs(0);

Additionally -- does anyone know how heaviliy Axis relies on the indication of *type* (via the xsi mechanism) when deserializing on the server side?  It seems as if some assumptions could be made at this level based upon reflection -- or is this just status quo according to section 5 stuff?  I realize it's used to load the correct deserializer etc -- but again, seems like a lot of that could've been handled via reflection.

Thanks for any input,
Cory