Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by martin_activeMQ <ma...@bosch-si.com> on 2017/10/30 09:45:21 UTC

Is it possiable to extend the default authorizationPlugin?

Hi All,

I would like to extend the default ActiveMQ authorizationPlugin with some
custom logic, but unfortunately I was not able to find any information how
to do that in the official documentation, there is an information about the
JaaS Authentication but nothing about the authorization. The reason why I'd
like to extend the authorizationPlugin is because is not so comfortable to
add authorizationEntry entry for each queue or topic and I'd like read the
ACL information not from the authorizationEntry but  from the certificate
used by the client when the client is connected to the message broker.

Any advice and suggestions will be greatly appreciated

Re: Is it possiable to extend the default authorizationPlugin?

Posted by martin_activeMQ <ma...@bosch-si.com>.
Hi  Christopher,

Thank you for the directions!
It works like a charm!

Best Regards,
Marin

Re: Is it possiable to extend the default authorizationPlugin?

Posted by Christopher Shannon <ch...@gmail.com>.
You can extend the AuthorizationBroker class and add your custom logic.
Then you can write a custom plugin to install that.  Take a look at the
following two classes:

The authorization plugin class is small and is how the AuthorizationBroker
is installed as a plugin. You would create your own plugin class instead of
this one to install your plugin.
https://github.com/apache/activemq/blob/master/activemq-broker/src/main/java/org/apache/activemq/security/AuthorizationPlugin.java

The broker class does the actual work and is installed by the plugin class
into the Broker chain.  You can extend this class:
https://github.com/apache/activemq/blob/master/activemq-broker/src/main/java/org/apache/activemq/security/AuthorizationBroker.java