Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Arnab Ganguly <ag...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/22 19:37:28 UTC

[users@httpd] Help on KeepAlive

Hi All,
One help is regarding KeepAlive directive. I  am using Apache as a pipe.It
gets client request and  just forwards the same request to another module.
We use Apache 2.2 Worker Model in Linux.These client request traffic is high
and data is dynamic (content length is dynamic).

We have made KeepAlive Off as per Apache, it is more useful for static
contents, it is going to reuse the TCP/IP connection and the connections are
going to be open longer time.... These inputs are there in the Apache doc of
2.2. The system is running perfectly for a long time.

I would like to know in real if we keep KeepAlive On what would be the
behavior is going to be observed when the Client request is very much
dynamic.

Note here Apache is not used for serving pages.

Thanks in advance.
-A