Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Antony Stubbs <an...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/11 01:38:33 UTC

Can we *please* havea seperate Struts *2* - User list?

This list seems to be quite busy, and I think everyone would benefit hugely
from separating out the two frameworks for obvious reasons. Actually I'm
surprised this hasn't been done already.
Most notably is that the S2 posts won't get drowned out by S1 posts but
perhaps developers should get a look at.

Re: Can we *please* havea seperate Struts *2* - User list?

Posted by Piero Sartini <li...@pierosartini.de>.
On Wednesday 11 April 2007 01:49:01 Asaf Paris Mandoki wrote:
> Wouldn't a forum be more appropriate for this kind of exchange?

I am not sure. Personally I do prefer mailing lists. They save a lot of time,
especially if you are subscribed to a lot of lists. Navigating to different
forums is not what I would like to do every day. Just checking my inbox is
much better :-)

But I know that a lot of users like web forums more than mailing lists. There
was a discussion at the developer list about communicating a forum some time
ago, but without result.

You can always use nabble as a forum interface to this list, its pretty good:
http://www.nabble.com/Struts---User-f206.html

Piero

RE: S2: Formatting s:textfield values

Posted by Sauli Ketola <sa...@fasolutions.fi>.
Currently I get around this problem like this:

<!-- format the value in jsp -->
<s:text id="formattedValue" name="key.in.properties.file"><s:param name="value" value="realValue"/></s:text>

<!-- refer to the formatted value -->
<s:textfield value="%{formattedValue}" name="realValue" size="3" /></td>

in properties file:
key.in.properties.file={0,number,0.##}

S.

Posted by Célio Cidral Junior <cc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Zoran Avtarovski <zo...@sparecreative.com>.
I have to agree with Frank and Paul. The list has been the best source of
current information on S2. We're using the WebWork in Action Book and other
resources but by far this mailing list has been the most valuable resource.

Z.

Posted by Asaf Paris Mandoki <as...@gmail.com>.
The webwork forum at www.opensymphony.com looks pretty good. Now that
webwork and struts 2 are almost the same thing, couldn't a special
forum for struts 2 be created over there?

Re: Can we *please* havea seperate Struts *2* - User list?

Posted by Antony Stubbs <an...@gmail.com>.
I don't think apache.org run forums, only moderate mailing lists. I think
they advocate using http://www.nabble.com/.

I think for a start, simply a separate list for Struts 2 would be a massive
help.

Posted by Asaf Paris Mandoki <as...@gmail.com>.
How could we get a forum?

Posted by Antony Stubbs <an...@gmail.com>.
Seriously, have you tried
http://www.nabble.com/forum/ViewPost.jtp?post=9930952&framed=y ???

Posted by Zoran Avtarovski <zo...@sparecreative.com>.

Posted by Antony Stubbs <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Asaf Paris Mandoki <as...@gmail.com>.

Posted by cilquirm <aa...@gmail.com>.

Just FYI, Nabble does provide RSS feeds on a per-list/forum level.

I Live-bookmark http://www.nabble.com/Struts---User-f206.html

Re: [s2] Can we *please* havea seperate Struts *2* - User list?

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@gmail.com>.
If you are really interested in bringing clarity to the discussions,
the people who are interested in having separate lists should be
prefixing your questions and answers with [s1] or [s2] instead of
trying to force people to have to subscribe to separate lists.

If someone posts a new question without a prefix, you can always send
a gentle reminder that such prefixes are preferred, but we should
never try to enforce it as a rule.

Even if *your* reply uses [s2] and it is the only one in a long
thread, at least the entire thread gets labelled (sort of) so that
future searches can use "[s2]" as a filter to narrow the results.
For example, if you search the googler for "struts action
site:nabble.com", you get 9,360 results.  However, if you search for
"s2 action site:nabble.com", you get 244.

--
James Mitchell

Posted by "Frank W. Zammetti" <fz...@omnytex.com>.

Posted by Antony Stubbs <an...@gmail.com>.

Dave Newton-4 wrote:

> --- Antony Stubbs <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> This list seems to be quite busy, and I think
>> everyone would benefit hugely from separating out
> the
>> two frameworks for obvious reasons. Actually I'm
>> surprised this hasn't been done already.
>
> It's been brought up (even by me) in the past; I still
> agree and would vote for separation if it was votable.
>
> d.

Peter Pilgrim
UBS Investment Bank,
Client Portal Dev LDN,
Triton Court, 14 Finsbury Square, London, EC2A 1PD
United Kingdom (  +44 (0)207 56 75692 )
:: Java EE Spring 2.0 Hibernate 3.2 Development ::
Visit our website at http://www.ubs.com

E-mails are not encrypted and cannot be guaranteed to be secure or
destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.  The sender
contents of this message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.
If verification is required please request a hard-copy version.  This
construed as a solicitation or offer to buy or sell any securities
or related financial instruments.

UBS Limited is a company registered in England & Wales under company
number 2035362, whose registered office is at 1 Finsbury Avenue,
London, EC2M 2PP, United Kingdom.

UBS AG (London Branch) is registered as a branch of a foreign company
under number BR004507, whose registered office is at
1 Finsbury Avenue, London, EC2M 2PP, United Kingdom.

UBS Clearing and Execution Services Limited is a company registered
in England & Wales under company number 03123037, whose registered

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.