Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Charlie Jackson <Ch...@cision.com> on 2010/08/26 23:58:25 UTC

Status of Solr in the cloud?

There seem to be a few parallel efforts at putting Solr in a cloud
configuration. See http://wiki.apache.org/solr/KattaIntegration, which
is based off of https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-1395. Also
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrCloud which is
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-1873. And another JIRA:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-1301.

These all seem aimed at the same goal, correct? I'm interested in
evaluating one of these solutions for my company; which is the most
stable or most likely to eventually be part of the Solr distribution?

Thanks,

Charlie

Re: Status of Solr in the cloud?

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@buyways.nl>.
That would be Solr 4.0, or maybe 3.1 first.

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/Solr3.1
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/Solr4.0

On Thursday 26 August 2010 23:58:25 Charlie Jackson wrote:
> There seem to be a few parallel efforts at putting Solr in a cloud
> configuration. See http://wiki.apache.org/solr/KattaIntegration, which
> is based off of https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-1395. Also
> http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrCloud which is
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-1873. And another JIRA:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-1301.
>

> These all seem aimed at the same goal, correct? I'm interested in
> evaluating one of these solutions for my company; which is the most
> stable or most likely to eventually be part of the Solr distribution?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Charlie

Markus Jelsma - Technisch Architect - Buyways BV
http://www.linkedin.com/in/markus17
050-8536620 / 06-50258350