Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Benoît Thiébault <th...@artenum.com> on 2010/03/30 17:39:57 UTC

Re: Beginner question: I can't find the library i'm using on the repository

My software is an open source project (not released yet).

I currently compile it with Ant and I store in my lib folder the JAR I manually downloaded on the net.

What will happen when I release the software ? I guess I will have to provide this dependency JAR as well to new developers... This is not very maven-y... Or should I then make my local repository public ?

Posted by David Hoffer <dh...@gmail.com>.
I don't work on open source projects so I haven't faced this issue.
However I would think that the same server you plan to use to host
your project on could be used to host the dependency; the key is that
it has to be available just like yours.

-Dave