Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Robert M <rm...@earthlink.net> on 2003/05/15 03:44:08 UTC

missing closing tag

Hello,

I have a very strange problem with  html:select and html:options tags,
the generated html page  has missing </select> tag and no option tags.
The strange part is that I'm not receiving any error messages. I hope
someone can help me figure it out.

Here is what I got:

I have a bean Building with two properties code and text with setter and
getter methods
I have a bean RegesterForm (ActionForm) with one of the methods called
getBuildings that returns Vector of Buildings.

Here is the part of the form (.jsp file) that has html:select tag:

     <bean:define id="list"  name="regform" property="buildings"
type="java.util.Vector"/>
           Building: <html:select name="regform" property="bldg" size="1" >
labelProperty="text" />

           Room:<html:text property="room" size="20" /> <html:errors
property="ID"/><br>

Here is the same fragment from generated html file:

        Building: <select name="bldg" size="1">  test <br>

           Room:<input type="text" name="room" size="20" value=""> <br>

I know that getBuildings method is called and that it creates Vector of
Buildings with  correct values, I know that if I change for example
property="staff" in the html:options tag I'm getting error so it looks
like it is calling the methods of the Building bean. But I have no idea
why no information is showing at lease the closing select tag would be
nice.

Please let me know if anyone has some ideas why it is happening like that.
Thanks,
Rob

(Sorry if this message posts twice)

Re: missing closing tag

Posted by Robert Misior <mi...@salem.edu>.
Hello,

I tried my application on a different server with a newer version of
Tomcat and it works fine.
I have no idea why it did not work on my computer, but updating tomcat
fixed the problem.

Rob