Posted to dev@hivemind.apache.org by Rik Claesen <rc...@hotmail.com> on 2006/02/15 15:02:34 UTC

classloader and java security manager

Hi,

Could there be a Hivemind 1.1  classloader issue because when I activate the
java security manager
(on tomcat 5 debian) the following error suddenly occurs:

javassist.NotFoundException: java.lang.Object
javassist.ClassPool.get(ClassPool.java:374)
org.apache.hivemind.service.impl.CtClassSource.getCtClass(CtClassSource.java:52)
org.apache.hivemind.service.impl.CtClassSource.newClass(CtClassSource.java:62)
  ..."

The javasssist.jar (v3.0) is located under the WEB-INF/lib folder.

My apologies if this is a javassist issue but after days of googling, I ran
out of options .

Rik

Re: classloader and java security manager

Posted by Norbert Sándor <de...@erinors.com>.
It is a Javassist problem, maybe the Javassist developers can recommend
something useful. Once I had the same problem with Tapestry and I couldn't
solve it by setting permissions.
(I was lucky because I could switch to another hosting service which had no
security manager...)

Regards,
Norbi

Posted by "David J. M. Karlsen" <da...@davidkarlsen.com>.