Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Brian Lee <bl...@macys.com> on 2005/02/16 22:22:03 UTC

WCK Update

Can anyone tell me from a high level - what happens when a user tries to
update an existing file while using WCK? The reason being is that my
application stores files differently than what is exposed to users. (ie
A file is stored as '/4/2/3/file.txt' but the user only sees file.txt in
his webDAV folder and not
the file's true path). Therefore I need to handle things that Slide and
our application's users do differently - the problem being for update,
I'm not really sure what Slide
does. Currently I am having problems updating existing files using my
custom WCK based store.
So far, I notice files that start with "._" appear and disappear and I
notice the system trying to create 'Content' directories.

Can anyone shed some light (steps, what type of files are created, when
they are deleted, and so on)?

Thanks

Brian

Note: I will record any answers I get in the wiki. (I'm actually in the
process of making a more detailed step by step,  user documentation for
WCK for both my
own reference and people new to Slide.)

Re: WCK Update

Posted by Brian Lee <bl...@macys.com>.
Thanks for the help Oliver =) As always - much appreciated

Re: WCK Update

Posted by Oliver Zeigermann <ol...@gmail.com>.