Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Costin Leau <co...@gmail.com> on 2005/10/10 11:38:57 UTC

[ANN] Spring Modules: jcr-support upgrade

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to announce that the jcr-support from SpringModules
(http://springmodules.dev.java.net) has been upgraded:

- refactoring of code which simplifies work with OpenSessionInView
Filter/Interceptor.
- query methods have been added to JcrTemplate.
- the sample contains both local and JTA transaction (through JCA)
configuration examples.
- this version adds support for jcr-mapping both in regards to
configuration and usage (through JcrMappingTemplate).
- improved javadocs.

Feedback is welcomed!

--
Best regards,
 Costin                          mailto:costin.leau@gmail.com

Re[2]: [OT] [ANN] Spring Modules: jcr-support upgrade

Posted by Costin Leau <co...@gmail.com>.
> I have some more (tech) feedback:

> 1/ an org.springmodules.jcr.JcrTemplate needs an
> org.springmodules.SessionFactory; but the
> JcrSessionFactory does not implement the a/m interface, even if the API looks the same (something
> like duck typing ;-) )
Obviously a mistake.

> 2/ in samples/jcr/src the applicationContext-local and
> applicationContext-jr-local are exactly the same.

Fixed (removed appContext-local).

>>> Also I have noticed a small problem in LocalTransactionManager:
>>>
>>> [code]
>>>      public void setRepository(SessionFactory sessionFactory) {
>>>          this.sessionFactory = sessionFactory;
>>>      }
>>> [/code]
>>>
>>> and later
>>>
>>> [code]
>>>      public void setSessionFactory(SessionFactory sessionFactory) {
>>>          this.sessionFactory = sessionFactory;
>>>      }
>>> [/code]
>>>
>>> I guess the first 1 is either has a wrong signature, or it is a duplicate of the 2nd one.

The first method was removed - it was a left-over from the
pre-refactoring era :). Thanks.
I've just commited the fixes on the CVS.

Re: [OT] [ANN] Spring Modules: jcr-support upgrade

Posted by Alexandru Popescu <th...@gmail.com>.
hi!

I would like to excuse myself for posting these on the jackrabbit list instead of springmodules one,
but that one is very low traffic and I am assuming that on jackrabbit ml the interest may be bigger.
Sorry if these assumptions are bad.

I have some more (tech) feedback:

1/ an org.springmodules.jcr.JcrTemplate needs an org.springmodules.SessionFactory; but the
JcrSessionFactory does not implement the a/m interface, even if the API looks the same (something
like duck typing ;-) )

2/ in samples/jcr/src the applicationContext-local and applicationContext-jr-local are exactly the same.

regards,

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.

#: Alexandru Popescu changed the world a bit at a time by saying on  10/16/2005 12:27 AM :#

Re: [ANN] Spring Modules: jcr-support upgrade

Posted by Alexandru Popescu <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alexandru Popescu <th...@gmail.com>.